The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of providing support for Australian's with a disability. Its aim is to help people with a disability achieve their goals and improve their quality of life by funding the necessary supports and services. It also funds support not provided by employers or employment services such as the Disability Employment Service (DES) or JobActive.
The NDIS will provide funding to:
- Assist participants to build employment related skills
- Assist those not eligible for DES or JobActive
- Help maintain employment
- Assistance for personal care or transport
- Assistive technology devices
- Supported employment, like the services provided by Australian Disability Enterprises
Click here to find out when the NDIS is available in your area.